Friday, April 11, 2008

Portrait attempt #3

I have been really struggling at getting my lighting how I want it for the subject, but yet having the backdrop be truly black. This most recent session, I finally got things to be pretty close to what I want.

Bear in mind, I didn't do any fancy posing or anything - these are very strictly just lighting tests, and absolutely nothing more.

I went through and made meticulous notes as I changed the settings, the positioning, etc. For this test, I kept the camera settings the same throughout - the camera was set such that it had absolutely pure black without any flash added to the photo.

I learned a lot. I think my next test is to see how quickly I can set things up from "scratch" to get them how I want. One VERY notable difference from my last test is that I have learned enough now that I can actually verify in camera if my photo is going how I want it to. I was kindof struggling with that last time.

-Verxion



Click here to see the full details of how my shots progressed.

No comments: